Ga naar inhoud
GENEGEERD

200kg of beans and rice

Aanbevolen berichten

Hi. I'm an American living in the Netherlands. I'm part of a group that encourages storing 1 year of food for the whole family. Where can I buy a year's worth of dry beans and rice in the Netherlands? My neighbors are telling me to buy at the local Asian food store. Is there a better place to buy food in bulk in the Netherlands? Also, where can I buy mylar bags and large air-tight plastic buckets to store the food? Thanks. Justin

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

Begin nu je eigen moestuin. Bekijk de zadenpakketten Op zoek naar waterfilters, messen, tools of lang houdbaar eten? Ga dan naar www.prepshop.nl!

@justin let me ask you a question first do you eat that kind of food on a regular basis ?

and how much do you believe is a year worth fore howmany people ?

we have something we often say prep what you use use what you prep

ps we like it if people introduce them self http://preppers.nl/forum/forums/7-Voorstelronde

20 kilo rice fore 35 euro at the asian food store

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

Hi. I'm an American living in the Netherlands. I'm part of a group that encourages storing 1 year of food for the whole family. Where can I buy a year's worth of dry beans and rice in the Netherlands? My neighbors are telling me to buy at the local Asian food store. Is there a better place to buy food in bulk in the Netherlands? Also, where can I buy mylar bags and large air-tight plastic buckets to store the food? Thanks. Justin

Hey Justin, I once read somewhere this is a good place to buy mylar bags: http://store.lds.org/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Category3_715839587_10556_3074457345616706237_-1_N_image_0

However that might be outdated info, as it was a few years ago I read about it. My guess is it's from the same group you're part of, but maybe I'm wrong.

The local asian food store sounds like a good place to start. Maybe you can also check some wholesale like Makro or Sligro.

@Lindaja het is al vaker besproken dat het niet verplicht is om je voor te stellen, zeker niet als je hier alleen met een specifieke vraag komt.

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

Hi there justin as @Lindaja suggested an introduction would be nice.

For your prepper needs i would recommend a visit to http://www.prepshop.nl

For the best deals you should indeed go to your local asian store or otherwise get a pass to visit a makro (you need a pass proving you are a business owner to enter)

GL

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

Hello @justin

Buying food in bulk isn't as common here as it is in the states. For larger and/or cheaper purchases the Asian food stores are a nice start. Larger quantities are also available at stores like Makro and Sligro but for both stores you will need an acces card (wich you can only get if you have a business with KVK (our chamber of commerce) number), perhaps someone near you has one or knows someone who can lend you one :)

The buckets might even be harder to find, especially if you want foodgrade quality. You might have a better shot trying Ebay for example. Same for the mylar bags however others on this forum might know places to buy these.

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

@Lindaja @MyronPrps guys, he's clearly already introduced himself in his opening post.

Please stop being so ridiculous about separate introductions, as they are not obligatory.

We don't need someone's life story to give people advice.

--

@justin

for larger quantities of buckets, I would check out http://auer-packaging.be/

The shipping cost is high, but if you can get a group buy done they are excellent value & quality. (and food grade)

• Leuk 1
Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

Gast Peerke

During the XXL weeks, the LIDL has some nice offers. Rice in 5 kg bags for example.

An interesting prep these days is 16 rolls of TP for 4,49 euro. LIDL has on a regular base nice offers for food, as non-food as well.

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

Dry beans or beans in can/jar?

I recommend dry beans, longer shell live and lighter to cary.

Where to buy? From local farmers (i live in Friesland, its common here "yn de Wâlden")

• Leuk 1
Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

Hey Justin, I once read somewhere this is a good place to buy mylar bags: http://store.lds.org/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Category3_715839587_10556_3074457345616706237_-1_N_image_0

However that might be outdated info, as it was a few years ago I read about it. My guess is it's from the same group you're part of, but maybe I'm wrong.

The local asian food store sounds like a good place to start. Maybe you can also check some wholesale like Makro or Sligro.

@Lindaja het is al vaker besproken dat het niet verplicht is om je voor te stellen, zeker niet als je hier alleen met een specifieke vraag komt.

The lds store delivers in Europe. You have to call them on a 00800 number, which is free but you have to call from à landline, not from à cellphone. Their callcenter is in USA,but they ship from Germany, for free.

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

Hi everyone. Sorry for not introducing myself. My name is Justin and I'm from America :). Yes, I'm a part of the LDS (Mormons) and they encourage us to have a year's supply of food stored for the whole family in case of emergency according to the calculator at http://lds.about.com/library/bl/faq/blcalculator.htm.

Thank you for all your suggestions. I'll check them all out and let you know what I did.

Justin

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

Gast Peerke
Behalve rijst en peulvruchten: wat is er nog meer te krijgen dat droog en in bulk goed te bewaren is en simpel te bereiden is?

Muesli ? :)

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

Behalve rijst en peulvruchten: wat is er nog meer te krijgen dat droog en in bulk goed te bewaren is en simpel te bereiden is?

Granen? Je kunt er brood van bakken, als je het grof maalt kun je je eigen Brinta maken (Brinta staat voor Breakfast Instant Tarwe, een soort snelkooktarwe zoals snelkookrijst maar als je het wat langer laat koken maak je het net zo makkelijk zelf). Daarnaast kun je tarwe een aantal uur laten weken en dan een half uur tot drie kwartier koken als aanvulling op de warme maaltijd, zie het dan een beetje als rijstvervanger wat uiteindelijk ook een graansoort is. Ik vind het zo gekookt niet heel smakelijk, maar met wat kruiden prima te eten en erg voedzaam.

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

Gast Liberty
Ik wist niet dat mormonen ook Peppers waren weer wat geleerd.

Handige calculator is er ook een in kilo's.

I din't know that mormon people werd also Peppers. Learnd something

I think we need an in calculator in kilo's

Sterker nog, het is een integraal onderdeel van het Mormonisme. http://preppersmovement.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Preparedness.pdf

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

Gast anoniem

Hi Justin,

Its strange, but sometimes its cheaper to get small amount of "home brand"

For example rice.

Its about 1,60 euro / 2 kilo if you get a home brand

If i buy 20 Kilo, its about 37 euro ?

So i have stacked 20 pieces of 2 kilo.

I have some other question to you, has nothing to do with prepping, but its something i always wanted to know, but were afraid to ask.

(its out of curiosity, not to make a fool out of you)

If i need to talk to a German person, i switch to German.

If i need to talk to a English person, i switch to English.

If i need to talk to a Spanish person, i try to speak Spanish, and i have a translation book by hand

If i post a message on a English board, i make sure i send it as English, and will use google translate if I'm not sure on the translation

If i need to speak French, then I'm in trouble, and try 4 other languages before giving up :)

Why is it, that if a foreign person visit Holland, he just talk his own language?

Most people in Holland loves to speak other languages, so its not a big deal, but I'm just wondering why you did not even try to use Google translate and post your message in dutch?

So again, its not to make a fool out of you, but I'm alway wondering why this happen.

If a German person ask me:

wo gibt es ein Postamt

wo ist der Strand

Then i always answer with

“Es tut mir leid, aber ich verstehe überhaupt nichts, was Sie sagen.

Ich kann nicht Deutsch sprechen

Ich war immer krank in der Deutschstunde

And walk away

If a German person try to speak Dutch (or English) then i will alway try to answer

Its possible that I'm the only person who is a bit childish on this subject, but maybe this message can explain some possible strange reactions in the future.

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

Mylar and plastic are non resistant to mice teeth. These little pests are more and more common and getting more resistant to available poisons. Use rodent proof containers. Dry canning is one option for long term storage (30 years shelf life). Other mistake i read in your post is the size of the containers, once open it is going to spoil or in SHTF scenario be a mayor attraction to pests. Pick containers that don't store more than you (and your familiy) can eat in a few days. Remarks about variation allready came up, rule is : store what you eat and eat what you store. Changing your diet in an emergency is very risky. Pick up more than you need every time you shop and pick up a little of everything. You are better of with one month of this and that, that you can make whole meals out of than 12 months of only rice (or sugar or salt or honey, or ... ). It also helps with your use by dates so not everything spoils (needs to be eaten) at once.

More structured writing on this :

http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles/tate55.html

http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles/clay55a.html

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

Doe mee aan dit gesprek

Je kunt dit nu plaatsen en later registreren. Indien je reeds een account hebt, log dan nu in om het bericht te plaatsen met je account.

Gast
Reageer op dit topic

×   Geplakt als verrijkte tekst.   Herstel opmaak

Er zijn maximaal 75 emoji toegestaan.

×   Je link werd automatisch ingevoegd.   Tonen als normale link

×   Je vorige inhoud werd hersteld.   Leeg de tekstverwerker

×   Je kunt afbeeldingen niet direct plakken. Upload of voeg afbeeldingen vanaf een URL in

• Nieuwe aanmaken...