Pagina 5 van de 5 EersteEerste ... 345
Resultaten 41 tot 44 van de 44
    Heksenboot
    Citaat Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door Keyser Suze Bekijk Berichten
    As long as his hobby is not anal torture. ......
    As long as his hobby is
    As short it will become
    When he meets my girlfriend
    And her name is Mora

Adventurer
    Ingeschreven
    Apr 2014
    Citaat Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door Gamble Bekijk Berichten
    [MENTION=3713]SoCal92057[/MENTION]
    I think it's great that an American college prepper is vissiting us from the U.S.
    A warm welcome and nice that you join us crazy Dutch and Belgium preppers.
    There is a lot we can learn from eachotter and that's why i'm asking myself the following:
    Why don't you tell us something more about yourself.
    You can do it over here: http://preppers.nl/forum/forums/7-Voorstelronde
    Who are you, why you became a prepper, how did you came on to this site etc. etc.

Also i don't really get your topics on this moment.
    Who do you want with you in times of a shtf.
    Ofcours a doctor of a dentist, but the truth is that it's me, my family and a few good friends.
    If a dentist came along the ride, i'd be happy if he joined the group but that's it.
    I see a lot of co-preppers who would'nt react on your post like this if it wasn't in english.
    Now the most of them seemed glad that they could show off there english skills.

In another topic you asked about the forgotten preps.
    TO MAKE THE LIST LONGER!
    Why should i make the list longer?
    There for i made a comment to put my house on it with everything in it.
    No more probs and verry well prepped then.

Even though we like to laugh around here and make a lot off jokes, i would like to here more about your skills, life, reassons to prep and why your here.

I hope you don't find this offencive and that you can read between my pour english writting.

Happy your with us,

Gamble
    Hello Gamble. I regret that I do not have a good knowledge of your language, but things seem to be working out with my posts here on this English language area. Thank you for your welcome. I am a retired professional military man having been a member of the U.S. Marines for over 20 years. I am skilled at woodcraft / bushcraft in a wide range of climatic conditions. I am well versed in tactics, both defensive and offensive and the use and functioning of weapons. I know how to hunt and fish, am a competitive handgun and rifle shooter and I love my country but I am disgusted with most of the members of the current national government. I live remotely in the mountains of the USA where I continue my preps that I began about 30 years ago. Prepping is a sane and reasonable thing to do. Our ancestors always set food and supplies aside to get them past lean times. It seems only during the 20th century and now the 21st century, have we forgotten that lesson due to the false promise by government that they will take care of you. I consider that promise to be a lie in an effort to get votes in an election. I am a prepper who loves freedom, but what is freedom? I think freedom is the lack of coercion. What is coercion you ask? Coercion is the threat that if you do or fail to do something you will receive a consequence. The more coercion the less freedom. Governments cannot exist without the threat of coercion. Laws, all laws, have behind them coercion based upon a consequence. Some consequences may be a money fine, others may be going to prison. The most serious consequence is being put to death at the hands of the government.

Some laws serve the purpose of protecting your health and safety from the careless or criminal actions of others. Laws against driving too fast are an example of this type of law. So are laws against assaulting or murdering another person. There is a delicate balance between needed laws and laws that are not needed and may not even serve the greater good.

When the government raises your taxes to pay for the widening of a road that may be good for some drivers, but bad for the property owners along the road who have their land taken away to allow for the road to be widened. Government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it away from another. That is not right. What you have earned through your intelligence and labor is yours. To widen the road, they will take away your money in the form of increased taxes to pay for a road you may not even use, and they took away the land of property owners along the road to allow for the widening. The greater good argument may seem to apply here, but wait until your land is taken and your taxes raised for a road improvement that you do not approve of.

Remember, at its best, government is a monopoly and an inefficient provider of services. Government has no reason to improve efficiency as there is no competition and after all, your failure to cooperate will lead to coercion by the government against you. Just try not paying your taxes and see what happens.

Remember, each time you vote for a new law or ordinance you are eroding your liberty, no matter how small the amount. Freedom is seldom lost all at once. Instead it is slowly eroded with the passage of just one more ďgoodĒ law followed by the passage of another ďgoodĒ law. After all, a blizzard falls one snow flake at a time and your freedoms are being lost in the same way.

I welcome all who are responding even if it is to practice English skills.

Semper Fidelis

Prepper goeroe
    Ingeschreven
    Feb 2013
    Citaat Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door SoCal92057 Bekijk Berichten
    Hello Gamble. I regret that I do not have a good knowledge of your language, but things seem to be working out with my posts here on this English language area. Thank you for your welcome. I am a retired professional military man having been a member of the U.S. Marines for over 20 years. I am skilled at woodcraft / bushcraft in a wide range of climatic conditions. I am well versed in tactics, both defensive and offensive and the use and functioning of weapons. I know how to hunt and fish, am a competitive handgun and rifle shooter and I love my country but I am disgusted with most of the members of the current national government. I live remotely in the mountains of the USA where I continue my preps that I began about 30 years ago. Prepping is a sane and reasonable thing to do. Our ancestors always set food and supplies aside to get them past lean times. It seems only during the 20th century and now the 21st century, have we forgotten that lesson due to the false promise by government that they will take care of you. I consider that promise to be a lie in an effort to get votes in an election. I am a prepper who loves freedom, but what is freedom? I think freedom is the lack of coercion. What is coercion you ask? Coercion is the threat that if you do or fail to do something you will receive a consequence. The more coercion the less freedom. Governments cannot exist without the threat of coercion. Laws, all laws, have behind them coercion based upon a consequence. Some consequences may be a money fine, others may be going to prison. The most serious consequence is being put to death at the hands of the government.

Some laws serve the purpose of protecting your health and safety from the careless or criminal actions of others. Laws against driving too fast are an example of this type of law. So are laws against assaulting or murdering another person. There is a delicate balance between needed laws and laws that are not needed and may not even serve the greater good.

When the government raises your taxes to pay for the widening of a road that may be good for some drivers, but bad for the property owners along the road who have their land taken away to allow for the road to be widened. Government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it away from another. That is not right. What you have earned through your intelligence and labor is yours. To widen the road, they will take away your money in the form of increased taxes to pay for a road you may not even use, and they took away the land of property owners along the road to allow for the widening. The greater good argument may seem to apply here, but wait until your land is taken and your taxes raised for a road improvement that you do not approve of.

Remember, at its best, government is a monopoly and an inefficient provider of services. Government has no reason to improve efficiency as there is no competition and after all, your failure to cooperate will lead to coercion by the government against you. Just try not paying your taxes and see what happens.

Remember, each time you vote for a new law or ordinance you are eroding your liberty, no matter how small the amount. Freedom is seldom lost all at once. Instead it is slowly eroded with the passage of just one more “good” law followed by the passage of another “good” law. After all, a blizzard falls one snow flake at a time and your freedoms are being lost in the same way.

I welcome all who are responding even if it is to practice English skills.

Semper Fidelis
    What a great entrance, and i'm glad i ask u to tell more about yourself.
    Seems like we have much of the same ideas and hope to hear more from u.
    If u hang around here long enough, maybe one day you will speak Dutch better than that i can write english
    G
    Slechts een reiziger in de tijd
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Diehard Prepper
    Ingeschreven
    Dec 2013
    I' m missing a veterinarian in your list. They now how to act in situations that are not hygienic.

Vergelijkbare onderwerpen

1. Reacties: 10
    Laatste Bericht: 11-07-13, 02:14
  2. After Armegeddon - A look at a post SHTF situation by The History Channel
    Door Johnny BravoNL in forum Preppers in de Media
    Reacties: 11
    Laatste Bericht: 08-09-12, 18:13
  3. Caucasian, male, 25-30 years old
    Door The Dude in forum Voorstelronde
    Reacties: 13
    Laatste Bericht: 26-08-12, 23:37
  4. Reacties: 1