Pagina 1 van de 5 123 ... LaatsteLaatste
Resultaten 1 tot 10 van de 44
    Adventurer
    Ingeschreven
    Apr 2014

In a SHTF situation lasting 5 years, who would you WANT and NOT WANT with you?

From the list of 24 occupations;

Select the 5 individuals that you would WANT with you. Do NOT exclude an individual because you already possess the skill set yourself; Then,

Select the 5 individuals that you would NOT WANT with you.

Feel free to explain you answers and don't over think the question. We may be able to learn from others what skill sets are important from this limited list.

1)chef 2)body builder 3)dentist 4)fisherman 5)warrior/tactician 6)theologian 7)educator 8)hunter 9)firefighter 10)heavy equipment operator 11)auto mechanic 12)farmer 13)lawyer 14)historian 15)businessman 16)pilot 17)doctor 18)athlete 19)lumberjack 20)policeman 21)attractive member of the opposite sex 22)weatherman 23)astronomer 24)handyman - knows plumbing/welding/carpentry/electricity, etc

MY SELECTIONS

Want with me. DO NOT INCLUDE FAMILY MEMBERS AS I HOPE THAT IS A GIVEN.

5)warrior/tactician
    8)hunter
    12)farmer
    17)doctor
    24)handyman

Not want with me.

2)body builder
    6)theologian
    13)lawyer
    16)pilot
    21)attractive member of the opposite sex (Trouble as their attention will be competed for.)
    Laatst gewijzigd door SoCal92057; 27-04-14 om 15:27.

Ingeschreven
    Nov 2012
    I agree with your choices when it comes down to it but wish I could somehow have a dentist nearby (after a few years there is a good chance we'd develop dental problems).

I see you asked the same question here:
    http://www.prepperforums.net/forum/g...-want-you.html
    Iedere persoon op deze aarde heeft evenveel recht op alles wat de aarde te bieden heeft als iedere andere persoon.
    Ongeacht etniciteit, ongeacht locatie, ongeacht grenzen, ongeacht cultuur, ongeacht politiek, ongeacht maatschappelijke positie.
    Forumregels

Survivor
    Ingeschreven
    Apr 2014
    want with me
    -warrior/tactician, defensive purposes.
    -theologian, Preacher for Church, and educator of the Word.
    -educator, is knowledgeable in certain areas. educates children.
    -hunter, Can get meat on the table without raining ammo like Rambo :-p
    -farmer, Can grow food efficiently
    -doctor. Can hopefully keep the ill alive and treat the wounded.
    -handyman, can maintain what we have, and build what we need.

-body-builder, likely has a dependancy on drugs, making him a threat and unreliable.

Citaat Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door AWOL Bekijk Berichten
    I agree with your choices when it comes down to it but wish I could somehow have a dentist nearby (after a few years there is a good chance we'd develop dental problems).

A doctor would have basic knowledge though
    "There is treasure to be desired and oil in the dwelling of the wise; but a foolish man spendeth it up."
    Proverbs 21:20

Prepper goeroe
    Ingeschreven
    Jan 2013
    Now that's an interesting question. Based on what kind of SHTF there's 2 options basically. Either you bug-in/out (both cases you eventually are staying on a secured location) or you are constantly on the move. The 'team' i chose is slightly favored towards being on the move. I think even with a very secured BOL one might eventually be forced to move out (looters overwhelming or climate changes/radiation zones (for example)) and you can end up being on the move for quite a long time. Having a good balanced group is essential then, since you can't maintain a large group on the move. Finding a suited vehicle and then keeping it moving would be an ideal situation, in the worst case you have a long walk ahead..

Made the list and added some comments between the ()

Wich i'd like around me:
    5)warrior/tactician/policeman/military (combined warrior with police and added some army dude. either one of them will be fine for protection. combined with decent tactical and survival training this is a must have. they also can provide weapons wich aren't as common over here compared to the USA)
    8)hunter (being expectedly on the move, i chose hunter over farmer. with no place yet to start over and grow your own food, it would be better to have an experienced hunter/tracker to get a meal going on for the group)
    11)auto mechanic (the first 5 years i expect gas to be somewhat available and cars and parts will be widely spread so keeping a car up and running should be doable with the right technician, i expect to be on the move for a while)
    17)doctor (i'm assuming most doctors have a basic idea how to handle dental problems aswell so the doctor gets in and the dentist can be fed to the zombies)
    24)handyman - knows plumbing/welding/carpentry/electricity (duh, a handyman is usually a very skilled and versatile member of the group, used to fix anything with anything.)

Definately not with me:
    2)body builder (muscle isn't usefull when the brain doesn't know what to do with it )
    6)theologian (god no...)
    13)lawyer (no more law has the advantage that there's no more lawyer either)
    15)businessman (i prefer someone who actually has some skills instead of being good at talking)
    22)weatherman (i can look outside to see what kind of weather it is)

Adventurer
    Ingeschreven
    Apr 2014
    Citaat Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door AWOL Bekijk Berichten

Yes, it is a good question for those who want to think the problem as they say. I also recognized your name.

Adventurer
    Ingeschreven
    Apr 2014
    Citaat Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door houthe Bekijk Berichten
    Now that's an interesting question. Based on what kind of SHTF there's 2 options basically. Either you bug-in/out (both cases you eventually are staying on a secured location) or you are constantly on the move. The 'team' i chose is slightly favored towards being on the move. I think even with a very secured BOL one might eventually be forced to move out (looters overwhelming or climate changes/radiation zones (for example)) and you can end up being on the move for quite a long time. Having a good balanced group is essential then, since you can't maintain a large group on the move. Finding a suited vehicle and then keeping it moving would be an ideal situation, in the worst case you have a long walk ahead..

Made the list and added some comments between the ()

Wich i'd like around me:
    5)warrior/tactician/policeman/military (combined warrior with police and added some army dude. either one of them will be fine for protection. combined with decent tactical and survival training this is a must have. they also can provide weapons wich aren't as common over here compared to the USA)
    8)hunter (being expectedly on the move, i chose hunter over farmer. with no place yet to start over and grow your own food, it would be better to have an experienced hunter/tracker to get a meal going on for the group)
    11)auto mechanic (the first 5 years i expect gas to be somewhat available and cars and parts will be widely spread so keeping a car up and running should be doable with the right technician, i expect to be on the move for a while)
    17)doctor (i'm assuming most doctors have a basic idea how to handle dental problems aswell so the doctor gets in and the dentist can be fed to the zombies)
    24)handyman - knows plumbing/welding/carpentry/electricity (duh, a handyman is usually a very skilled and versatile member of the group, used to fix anything with anything.)

Definately not with me:
    2)body builder (muscle isn't usefull when the brain doesn't know what to do with it )
    6)theologian (god no...)
    13)lawyer (no more law has the advantage that there's no more lawyer either)
    15)businessman (i prefer someone who actually has some skills instead of being good at talking)
    22)weatherman (i can look outside to see what kind of weather it is)
    I like your explanations.

Diehard Prepper
    Ingeschreven
    Oct 2012
    i'll would take number 21)attractive member of the opposite sex, and then 5 of them
    Nu gaan de zaden van de boom ontkiemen, en worden ook grote bomen, die de cyclus gaan herhalen

SHTF Expert
    Ingeschreven
    Sep 2013
    I will only take my family and eventually good friends with me, regarding less what their occupation is or was and what their skils are. It will be a challenge to develop as much as kills as possible. To have a handyman will definitely be my number one if I had a choice . Further I like people who can live from the land (hunting, fishing, farming) and medical person. But if not, we will do it with the people we have.

The list is really a black and white thing. For example a farmer in Spain is also a very good weatherman. They know exactly how the local climate works. So the best thing is to have people with multiple skills.

In my situation I will have some older people as well. So someone with medical skills would be nice to have in the group. I don't want to exclude people by occupation.

Survivor
    Ingeschreven
    Apr 2014
    I agree with with [MENTION=2684]FincaInSpanje[/MENTION] the list does not actually presents anyone's reality.

Most men and some women in our group have either combat experience, had combat training, or at least experience using fire-arms or other weapons.
    Preacher has farming, butchering, hunting and fire-arm experience.
    Carpenter handyman has combat experience and is very knowledgeable.
    pre-school teacher can cook, butcher and is currently learning fire-arms and archery.
    Business man expirienced in fire-arms and has advanced medical skill.
    Builder has combat experience and knowledgeable in communications

All in all we actually have the skills i put on my want-list and more.
    We aim to have everyone learn basic skills, and learn defensive/offensive skills.
    "There is treasure to be desired and oil in the dwelling of the wise; but a foolish man spendeth it up."
    Proverbs 21:20

Mankinds only hope
    Ingeschreven
    Oct 2012
    I think my choises would be made on character instead of occupation. I don't want any hotheads in my group (shouting/fighting all the time), no nervous breakdowns (crying all the time), no religious fanatics (praying and preaching all the time), and I would probably think of some more in time.

The composition of my group would depent on the kind of shtf (a flood is different from a foreign occupation, or a virus) and how many people are left. If possible I would prefer to stay in one place, and then you'll need a farmer, if you are on the run for 5 years, you don't need a farmer at all (supposing he/she had no other qualities at all) Supposing you are occupied by a foreign nation, a translater might be of great importance.

Vergelijkbare onderwerpen

1. Reacties: 10
    Laatste Bericht: 11-07-13, 01:14
  2. After Armegeddon - A look at a post SHTF situation by The History Channel
    Door Johnny BravoNL in forum Preppers in de Media
    Reacties: 11
    Laatste Bericht: 08-09-12, 17:13
  3. Caucasian, male, 25-30 years old
    Door The Dude in forum Voorstelronde
    Reacties: 13
    Laatste Bericht: 26-08-12, 22:37
  4. Reacties: 1