Pagina 2 van de 3 EersteEerste 123 LaatsteLaatste
Resultaten 11 tot 20 van de 22
    Mankinds only hope
    Ingeschreven
    Oct 2012
    Citaat Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door Communicator Bekijk Berichten
    I have Several models of compasses. All of them are cheap models. And they all point towards the North. I've seen some cheap vs expensive reviews... and i think that a better compass is not needed for my situation. I just roughly need to know what direction i'm heading. Don't forget... The Netherlands is a very very small country with recognition points everywhere! Even in Countries like Germany or France, rough directions will get you out of harms way.
    I once had a cheap compass that pointed south in stead of north!

Mankinds only hope
    Ingeschreven
    Sep 2012
    Citaat Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door Dreutel Bekijk Berichten
    I once had a cheap compass that pointed south in stead of north!
    You probably held it upside down
    -=<>=-
    Wat een ramp lijkt, blijkt vaak een kans.
    (Lao-Tse - Chinees filosoof +/- 600 v.C.)
    -=<>=-
    September 2014 Nieuwste PodCast:

Ingeschreven
    Dec 2012
    Citaat Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door Communicator Bekijk Berichten
    I have Several models of compasses. All of them are cheap models. And they all point towards the North. I've seen some cheap vs expensive reviews... and i think that a better compass is not needed for my situation. I just roughly need to know what direction i'm heading. Don't forget... The Netherlands is a very very small country with recognition points everywhere! Even in Countries like Germany or France, rough directions will get you out of harms way.
    I totally agree with this.

Besides, an accurate compass is useless without an equally accurate map.
    For most purposes any compass will do.

When navigating seas, desserts or huge forrests, accurate navigation does become important due to the lacking of recognition points.

A very cheap but functional compass is sold bij Action shops. Less than 50 grams, doesn't break easily and costs less than 2 euro's. (http://forum.bushcraftnederland.nl/i...p?topic=7995.0)
    Exactly the same compass is also sold by some Outdoor shops for almost 15 euro's!

As a backup I have a buttoncompass.

Still I rarely use them, so it's not a piece of kit I'm willing to spend a lot of money on.
    Nieuw forum: preppers-shelter.nl (Bij aanmelden kijk voor de activatie mail in je spamfolder)

Adventurer
    Ingeschreven
    Apr 2014
    A lensatic compass has the advantage of the sighting wire and lens. They are very precise. It is essential when doing map work such as a resection. If you have not used a lensatic compass and needed to do map work, it will be difficult to understand their advantages. Of course, just to determine a general direction, almost any compass will do.

SHTF Expert
    Ingeschreven
    Jun 2012
    Citaat Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door SoCal92057 Bekijk Berichten
    A lensatic compass has the advantage of the sighting wire and lens. They are very precise. It is essential when doing map work such as a resection. If you have not used a lensatic compass and needed to do map work, it will be difficult to understand their advantages. Of course, just to determine a general direction, almost any compass will do.

I would almost say: if I, in general: a prepper, needs a compass I'm, he is, almost lost....

My hope is on buggin in.
    The alternatives I have I can almost reach being blindfold, even though most are miles away and some are a day's walk.

My last resort would be moving out, of known locations, and thus needing a compass.
    Could be in Europe and certainly in the Netherlands there are so many people it's allready a nightmare for a shtf scenario :0(
    Also my family situation, kids, make some choises obvious..

Regards
    K a n s
    Kennis zonder wijsheid is (zelf)vernietiging.

Het is helaas gevaarlijk om gelijk te hebben, als de meerderheid het fout heeft.

Het gaat niet zozeer om te zien wat nog niemand heeft gezien.
    Maar om te bedenken wat nog niemand heeft bedacht over datgene dat iedereen kan zien !

IsaBo
    I have two cheap compasses and they both point in every direction but North. So I would really like a reliable one for on my keychain. Not to bug out but to see if the pole shifts.
    Laatst gewijzigd door IsaBo; 28-04-14 om 09:54.

Heksenboot
    Citaat Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door IsaBo Bekijk Berichten
    I have two cheap compasses and they both point in every direction but North. So I would really like a reliable one for on my keychain. Not to bug out but to see if the pole shifts.
    A compass on a keychain?
    Can you choose another safe place, when you find a good compass?
    It is a precious instrument.

And when using is, you need to stay away from ALL metal, like keys, cars, fences, streetlights, bicycles, because the little magnetic needle will respond to that.
    Very sensitive.
    Off course you know this.
    Just a tip for beginners.

Senior Prepper
    Ingeschreven
    Feb 2013
    My prefered one is my Silva 99 Eclipse Pro, wich was discontinued because it was to advanced and expensive for most consumers and I almost didn't get one, but was able to buy the accountmanagers last showroom model... Absolutely adore it! Highly accurate, declination scale, gradient measurement, mirrored lensatic and marked with every conversion scale possible...

I got Recta DP2's in several other kit's that are build for short distance travel where I don't need the added cost of a deciclination dial (if you have a declination map you can alway manualy calculate that. But beware, declination slowly changes over the years) as of yet, declination in Holland is -5 from the top of my head...

I also have a nice old lensatic from the US Core of Engineers production date markes 3-45 so end of WW II

And I keep a button in the lining of every jacket I own...

But any good simple plate compass will certainly do!!...

Best advice is to actually learn to use your compass... Learn to work with reverse courses (or back bearings), baselines, deliberate error and such tricks... I can higly recomend the book 'Staying Found' by June Fleming (ISBN 0-89886-785-1). Wich also has an awsome chapter on teaching kids to stay found...

Accuracy realy does count guys!... As does declination! Anyone wanna calculate what distance of error that -5 degrees ads upto over a distance of say 500 km?
    Laatst gewijzigd door Anvil; 28-04-14 om 12:29.

IsaBo
    [MENTION=1124]Heksenboot[/MENTION]
    I used them both outside but still they don't work properly. I have to keep it on my keychain or I will lose it. I lose every thing.

Heksenboot
    Citaat Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door IsaBo Bekijk Berichten
    [MENTION=1124]Heksenboot[/MENTION]
    I used them both outside but still they don't work properly. I have to keep it on my keychain or I will lose it. I lose every thing.
    Okay.
    Try a new one. "Action" 2 euro.

But not near any metal of course.

Permanent magnets can loose their power. Look in wiki.

Onder bijzondere omstandigheden kan een permanente magneet zijn magnetische eigenschap wel snel verliezen, onder andere door sterke verhitting, stoten en demagnetisering met behulp van andere magneten. Onder normale omstandigheden vindt het verlies van magnetisme echter zeer langzaam plaats.

Shocking information.

Labels voor dit Bericht

Forum Rechten